Saturday, January 26, 2013

Singapura, oh Singapura! (My Singapore Tour) DAY 1: MALL HOPPING

The year of the water snake has just unfolded two weeks ago, and I am very thrilled that I’m spending the third week of my 2013 at The Lion City!!!
The Merlion Statue
Singapore, being one of the top destinations in Asia today, is known for its world-class shopping, food, and entertainment offerings. Aside from its breath-taking tourist spots and humongous structures like the Marina Bay Sands, Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bayamong others, the country also boasts itself with very well implemented social rules (I’ll tell you more later).

Day 1: Family Dinner Treat!

The moment when I first landed my feet at Changi International Airport (labelled as the world’s #1 aviation hub), I just can’t stop myself gaping with astonishment while strolling around --- from the high-end shops and food stores to its state-of-the-art lounge and service facilities.
Just a few minutes before our arrival (camera phone)
Finally! Touchdown Changi International Airport (camera phone)
Luckily, my two elder sisters are working here in Singapore so my mom and I wouldn't need to check-in at an expensive hotel during our stay. YEY!!!

A Chrysler car is waiting for us! This is our service going to
my sisters' apartment. Feeling like a millionaire here. HAHA. 
(camera phone)
My sister's Ted teddy bear and duck stuffed toy welcomed us! (camera phone)
One of the first things to experience in a foreign country is to ride in its public transports. And the MRT here in Singapore is just WOW. The ticket (called as metro pass) can be used not just in MRT but also in bus rides. You just need to reload them when you ran out of balance! The stations are very clean and organized. Speaking of bus, you can even check the time of its arrival in your area through a smartphone app. Isn't that amazing?! J

Simei  Station
A view of Singapore streets from the bus
Double-decker bus ride
First Dinner in Singapore at Yomenya Goemon! YUMMY FOOD plus BIG SERVING!!!


And of course a little bit of shopping at Changi City Point!
The Changi City Point
My mom and sister looking for some
rubber shoes to buy

No comments:

Post a Comment